Test-SPContentDatabase : The server instance of the database could not be found.

“Test-SPContentDatabase : The server instance of the database could not be found.”

This error shows up, even when the database is reachable. I’ve tried everything from DNS aliases to direct ip connections, but the error didn’t go away. So I was playing with the Get-SPContentDatabase cmdlet and turned out I managed to trigger something that made the Test-SPContentDatabase work.

Get-SPContentDatabase -ConnectAsUnattachedDatabase -DatabaseServer SERVER\SQL1 -DatabaseName DBNAME

This will trigger a compatibility range mismatch error, but nevermind that.

Now, however, the Test-SPContentDatabase cmdlet runs without problems!

Test-SPContentDatabase -name DBNAME -WebApplication http://sharepoint -ServerInstance SERVER\SQL1
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s